• Good Cambridge IGSCE grades count towards entry to universities and colleges around the world.
• Cambridge IGSCE offers students a flexible course of study that gives them the freedom to select the subjects that are right for them.
• Study and examination at the Cambridge IGSCE provide a broad knowledge base and learning skills that provide excellent preparation for employment.
• The course differs for each subject, but throughout there will be a variety of assessment methods, including coursework practical exercises, oral and listening test, projects and written examinations.
• Cambridge IGCSE courses usually take two years to complete.
• Examinations are held in May, June and November each year, and results are issued in August and February respectively.
• Subjects are graded on a scale of A through G.
• Grade A is awarded for the highest level achievement and grade G for the lowest.
• Students are encouraged to study a wide range of subjects.
• In order to prepare themselves for further education, many students follow a broad and balanced curriculum with syllabi from the following groups:
– Humanities and social sciences
– Business, creative, technical and vocational
• This can lead to additional qualification
– The international certificate of Education (ICE).